Corrupt Baltimore PD Shakedown Said To Lead To A Man Falling Into A Drug Debt & Getting Murdered

Corrupt Baltimore PD Shakedown Said To Lead To A Man Falling Into A Drug Debt & Getting Murdered

In the afternoon of July 1, 2016, Davon “Wooda” Robinson drove to his grandmother’s house, in West Baltimore with his four-year-old daughter. He had just appeared before a judge on charges of gun possession, posted bail and left. As Robinson stopped out in front of the house, a hooded man rolled up on him, pumped slugs into his head and chest through the car window and dipped out.

According to witnesses, the shooter was 27-year-old Antwon Frasier. They told officers that Frasier pressed Robinson over a drug debt. According to prosecutors, the reason that Robinson came up short was that he was allegedly shaken down by a corrupt Baltimore cop months prior.

The cop in question is Sgt. Thomas Allers. Allers, 49, led seven others in the Gun Trace Task Force that have been charged on federal racketeering charges. Shakedowns were reportedly regular business for Allers, Sgt. Wayne Jenkins and Detectives Momodu Gondo, Daniel Hersl, Evodio Hendrix, Marcus Taylor, Maurice Ward and Jemell Rayam. Prosecutors accuse the task force of carrying out a three-year reign of terror, where members would rob or extort drug dealers in the city, raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars stolen from suspect’s homes during searches. Furthermore, in the indictment against him, prosecutors wrote, “Allers released detainees and chose not to charge them criminally when he stole cash from them.”

Robinson was one of the drug dealers that the task force targeted. According to his family, he complained often about being the victim of police shakedowns. However, it was the one on the night of April 28, 2016, that ultimately did Robinson in.

Prosecutors say that Allers, Gondo, Hersl and Rayam were staked out in Northeast Baltimore, in front of a townhouse where Robinson lived with his girlfriend,Lekyla Whitaker, and their two young daughters. According to a police report written by Rayam, the squad knew that Robinson’s driver’s license had been revoked. The report details how the gun unit laid in wait until Robinson got into his 2008 Infiniti G35 and drove away. The cops followed and pulled him over, giving him a citation. They weren’t finished, though. The quartet went back to the townhouse, knocked on the door and searched the place, after being granted permission by Whitaker. According to the Baltimore Sun:

In an upstairs bedroom, the officers found a loaded Ruger 9 mm handgun with the serial number removed, Rayam wrote. They found another loaded handgun in a drawer, he wrote, and a box of ammunition. They arrested Robinson on gun charges.

The prosecution believes that Rayam omitted one key happening from that night in his report. They accuse Allers of taking $10,000 from the spot and the task force of lying on police reports to conceal stolen cash.

It was because of those gun charges that Robinson found himself in front of a judge on that fateful July 2016 day. It was Allers’ theft of the 10 stacks that caused him to fall into a drug debt that allegedly led to the end of his life.

Frasier, the shooter, was charged with murder and committing a violent crime in front of a child, since Robinson’s young daughter was in the car. According to his lawyer, Tony Garcia, he and his client were in the dark about the fact the feds had linked the killing to an alleged police theft.

In the task force’s racketeering case, Allers is accused of stealing more than $100,000 over a three year period, after participating in nine robberies. On Wednesday, he is scheduled to appear in federal court where he will plead guilty to one count of racketeering, says his attorney Gary Proctor.

Read here about the Philadelphia officer who was arrested for allegedly buying drugs from these Baltimore cops and selling them.

Leave a Comment