In almost every region in the world, different cultures associate health and well groomed hair with beauty, health and youthfulness. Whether a man or a woman, your hair can improve the way you look or feel about yourself, boosting your self-esteem when you are in the crowd. According to hair beauty experts at https://www.hairclippersclub.com/ , people invest a lot of their time and money on luxurious hairstyles. But why? Simply because it is one of the most effective ways of enhancing natural beauty.
Unfortunately, at some point in life, you may start losing excess hair due to various reasons ranging from genetics to poor lifestyles and diet. In most cases hair loss is temporary, meaning that the hair will regrow after some time but in other situations, it could be permanent. However, there is a remedy to the problem. In this article, we will focus on how you can effectively use baking soda to help in hair loss and regrowth.
What Causes Hair Loss and Thinning?
Normally, a human can lose between 50 and 100 hairs per day on average. This amount is unnoticeable given the fact that a person’s head has approximately 100,000 hairs. This is a natural process and the lost hairs are replaced by new ones. But, at times you may notice excess hair loss – if you observe too much hair on your hairbrush or bath drain after a shower. In some cases, you may notice baldness or patches of thinning.
Below are some of the major cause hair loss:
- Hereditary baldness – Passed through genes and may begin as early as 21 years, especially in men.
- Side effects of a certain health condition or illness like skin infections, thyroid disease, and alopecia areata.
- Some medical treatments and surgeries like cancer medication.
- Nutrients deficiency – Lack of enough proteins, iron, vitamins and other nutrients.
- The physical injury which may cause scarring and emotional shock (trauma).
- Poor lifestyle habits such as smoking.
How Can Baking Soda Help?
Baking soda or bicarbonate of soda is a popular product and is used for various purposes in our homes. Mainly, the ingredient is used for cooking, cleaning, whitening teeth and as a treatment for various health conditions. Interestingly, using baking soda on your hair can promote hair growth as well as stop hair loss.
How Does It Work?
Using baking soda in place of your normal shampoo will remove left-overs from the hair products including conditioners, gels and hair spray among others, leaving your hair fresh and clean. Additionally, it removes chemical build-up from chlorine and other pollutants for the health of your hair.
- Removal or product left-over residues which can weigh down your hair and make the locks dull.
- Washing down chlorine protects your hair and scalp from damage.
- The build-up from chemicals and hair products can add weight to the hair, stunting your hair growth. Washing them away using baking soda is, therefore, a natural and affordable for loss and healthy growth of your hair.
- Besides, it can treat skin infections which could be the cause of hair loss.
To Use Baking Soda on Your Hair:
Mix 1 tablespoonful of baking soda with 3 tablespoonfuls of water, and work the solution from the hair roots to the end of the locks. Allow the treatment to sit for 2-3 minutes, and rinse it off with warm water. For medium length hair, you should use a ratio of 1:6 then rinse the hair with apple cider vinegar to balance the hair PH.
Baking soda will not only leave your hair clean and healthy but also promote growth of new hair strands and stop hair loss and thinning.