Nicki Minaj took the stage at the Barclays Center this past weekend at the TIDAL X concert and owned the stage. She paid tribute to her idol Lauryn Hill who performed earlier that night and then put on a twerking show.
Listen to the interview to hear all about it as well as the following topics.
– She had never met Lauryn before and she was her idol growing up.
– She’s on the current cover of Marie Claire.
– She’s working on new music, has been in New York for a while and just gets a different energy when she’s here.
– Her ABC show is postponed, they are working to make it the best it can be.
– What does she think of the current landscape of females in hip hop?
– We are in an era of mumble rap and it’s hard to get taken seriously.
– Loves all the women coming up paying attention to lyrics.
– She loves everything about Young M.A.
– She did a song with Fetty Wap that will be coming out soon.
– When she works on a mixtape she does whatever she wants to do, shes free to make mistakes.
– If she puts out a mixtape she’s not going to let anyone know, she’s just going to surprise her fans.
– Who twerks better her or Safari?
– What happened with her twerk game on stage the other night?
– Plus much more.
[words by Power 105.1]